The walk

Life is looking up and I'm feeling really good. Lately I've been walking at the park instead of doing my C25K. I've been walking at this park for 20+ years and always thought the trail was 3.2 miles. One of the nurses I work with told me that she thought it was 3.8. She was right! So my goal has been to walk that trail 2 times around and today I did it. I wasn't sure that I could walk 7.6 miles, but I did it.

I'm really happy about this because my friend who has been encouraging me on my journey wants to train for a 1/2 (walking) marathon. That means I'm over half done. Woo hoo! I know I have lots to do still, but it's a start.

Yesterday my brother asked if my son & I wanted to go to Hawaii again with his family. Hellz yeah we do!!! But I don't want to go looking like this so I have lots of work to do. Time to really step up my game. I don't want my 2011 pictures to look like the 2005 HI pictures. Those were just sad.
1 Response
  1. Katie J ♥ Says:

    I bet going to HI will be a great motivator. When I was going to go to Alaska the 1st time I was able to lose 45 lbs. by sail day which was 7 months after I started my WL Journey.

    How's things with you and your man? I am ready to kick Dave to the curb...


Post a Comment