Scale obsession

June 8, 2009


I'm bummed on 2 levels today. First off, there was no 9 pound total loss which is what I thought the other day. Damn scale; I do need to get something more reliable. How can it fluctuate so much?! That totally yanks my chain. Today I weighed myself again & it's only a 2 pound total loss (sad face).
Yesterday my son & I went to the school and walked a mile on the track. We totally intended on doing more, but it was so flippin' hot out there we felt like our feet were on fire. We also brought our bikes with us so we biked 4.5 miles too. Now I'm left wondering why as a child the bicycle seat never hurt my "girl parts", but it does now. Holy cow!! But overall it was a good ride. We saved a poor little squirrel from being flattened, but not from death. He'd already been hit by a car, but was just stunned & seizing in the road on his way to death. I couldn't bear the thought of his little body being squished so we pulled him to the side of the road so he could go to Heaven in peace & one piece. (biggest sad face) I thought for sure there would be a pound lost or something, but noooo. That would be asking too much today.
I will keep working at it though. This fat can't hold on forever. Saturday I went to my second OA meeting. Good stuff. I think this just might be the key I've been missing from my weight loss plan. I've done all the questions for Step 1. I'm not sure if I have to wait now and get a sponsor before I move on or what, but I'm learning a lot about myself and perhaps beginning to see why I've allowed myself to get to this size. Excited to see what the future holds.
2 Responses
  1. jo Says:

    I can ride a bike, but I can't walk or sit for three days after.

    Sorry about the scale, but CONGRATS on your 2 lost.

    I have never been to OA, but I have my mom's OA book. I've never read it. Perhaps I should. I'm in a funk right now and maybe that would give me food for thought (pun intended) to get me going.

    Nice to meet you. Thanks for stopping by my blog. =)


  2. Shelley Says:

    Funny, probably any other time you would be really happy with a 2 pound loss, but because of seeing that 9 on your scale, it has diminished the real loss. Your scale does sound like it might need to be replaced.

    When I first started riding my bike, my girl parts were so sore! But apparently they've toughened up, because I'm fine after I ride now.

    Good luck with OA - I've often wondered if I should do their program.


Post a Comment