Holding steady

July 8, 2009


Not much to report as of late. I'm holding steady with the 9lbs lost even despite the arrival of my "girl time" this week. I managed to get my butt to bed at a halfway decent hour last night. I went to bed at 1, but it was 230 last time I looked at the clock. I was tired. I'm not sure why it took me so long to fall asleep. I hate that!

Today I got my son off to summer school & then headed over to my parents' to use their treadmill. I've just been using my elliptical as of late. Thought I would mix it up a bit. I did a few intervals of running at 5mph which is up from my 4.3 shuffle. I tried 6mph but that just kicked my ass & only lasted about 5 seconds....literally. I'm not there yet.

Now I'm home and have a gazillion things to get done. I've got an interview at 2pm for an employee health nurse position with the state. It's just a contingent position, but I'll take whatever bit of extra money I can get. Hate, hate, hate being broke. Next week I've got another interview for a part time position in the operating room at the same hospital where I currently work. I need to find out if the hospital will let me work two separate positions there. I miss working in the OR.
I currently work with high risk OB patients, and postpartum moms and their new babies. It was fun at first, but not challenging at all. And seriously if I have to check out one more edematous perineum or help get one more baby onto the boob I might just scream. Calgon...take me awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

My replacement bodybugg should be here tomorrow. As I suspected, it will be a full 2 weeks lost from using it. I've done quite well sticking to my plan though. Last week Friday-Sunday I didn't work out though. I just find it very difficult to muster the energy to work out even 20 minutes when working 3 12 hour night shifts in a row. I have yet to figure out why working 12hr nights is different than working 12hr days. I never came home and went straight to bed when I was on days. Nowadays if I can keep my eyes open on the drive home, I'm doing great.

Tonight it's salmon for dinner. Yum yum! Then I'm off to a little happy hour/going away party for a co-worker. I'm limiting myself to 1 drink & staying for only 2 hours. I might succumb to peer pressure if I stay longer than that or have more drinks.
1 Response
  1. jo Says:

    lol About the calgon comment! I never thought those things would get old, but I guess they really would. =)

    Good luck with your interviews. I hope that something will work out for you.

    You've got a great plan for tonight!


Post a Comment